In this tour you will get to experience the Arctic Ocean like never seen before. Starting in Tuktoyaktuk, you will board your boat with your local guide and venture out on the Arctic Ocean for a one hour boat tour to our traditional whaling camp. Once arriving at our whale camp you will learn about the history and culture of this region from your local guide, try locally harvested food, play traditional games, and immerse yourself in the life on the Arctic Ocean. Once spending about 2.5 hours here you will return by boat back to Tuktoyaktuk.
- Day Tours
- Family Friendly / Easy
- Other dates available by request
- June 15th to September 15th Tuesday, Thursday and Sundays
Travel by Sea
- Whats Included?
- What to bring
- Cancelation Policy
- Arctic Ocean Boat tour
- Traditional Whale camp Experience
- Return boat trip to Tuktoyaktuk
- Appropriate Clothing
- Due to its location on the Arctic Ocean, Tuktoyaktuk is often colder than Inuvik. Please check the weather forecast and dress appropriately.
- If you would like to swim in the Arctic Ocean, we recommend bringing a bathing suit and towel.
- A Camera!!
As most our costs are incurred long before the actual trip, rental or tour takes place, we are bound to the following cancellation fees:
- 90 Days before tour start: Full refund
- 90 – 61 days before tour start: 75% refund
- 60 – 30 days before tour start: 50% refund
- 30 or fewer days before tour start: No refund possible
Exceptions to this cancellation policy cannot be made for any reason, including, terrorism, civil unrest or personal emergencies. If unforeseen circumstances require a change in itinerary, we will make every effort to work out an alternative solution. If for any reason we cannot start the tour, due to circumstances, including but not limited, to severe weather, mechanical breakdown or road closures, you will receive a full refund.
Tales from Tundra North
Arctic Immersion (reindeer herding included) By Margo Pfeiff Thousands of reindeer are gathered on...Read MoreTrip Stories
Inuvik Hub for experiences in western arctic Feel like a dip in the Arctic...Read More