Take a scenic flight over the Mackenzie Delta to the remote Inuvialuit community of Tuktoyaktuk located on the Arctic Ocean. Your local guide will share stories and the rich history of the area. Tour the community and experience the beauty of the year round permafrost. Explore the most interesting places in Tuktoyaktuk including the pingos, Trans-Canada Trail terminus, and sod houses! You will have plenty of time to dip your toe or even swim in the Arctic Ocean!
- Day Tours
- Family Friendly / Easy
- Every Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Travel by Air Scenic flight tour over the Mackenzie Delta and Tundra
Shuttle Shuttle between our office and the airport
- More Dates
- What to Bring
- More Information
- Cancellation Policy
What to expect during this trip:
- Meet at our office at 30 minutes before tour start time.
- We will drive you out to the airport where you will board your plane.
- The scenic flight tour to Tuktoyaktuk is approximately 1 hour
- You will be picked up by a local Tuktoyaktuk guide who will give you a 2 hour tour of the hamlet.
- The return flight is a more direct route and is approximately 45 minutes
- Upon your return you will be met by one of our staff to shuttle you back to our office.
NOTE: if unable to fly due to availability or weather the alternative is the drive both way option.
Itinerary is subject to substitutions and changes at the discretion of our guides due to circumstances beyond our control, such as weather.
The Tuktoyaktuk Flight Tour is offered every day at 3:30 pm.
While we try our best to run this tour at 3:30 pm everyday, tour times are subject to change depending on weather and aircraft availability.
- Due to its location on the Arctic Ocean, Tuktoyaktuk is often colder than Inuvik. Please check the weather forecast and dress appropriately.
- If you would like to swim in the Arctic Ocean, we recommend bringing a bathing suit and towel.
We require a minimum of 3 people for this tour.
As most our costs are incurred long before the actual trip, rental or tour takes place, we are bound to the following cancellation fees:
- 90 Days before tour start: Full refund
- 90 – 61 days before tour start: 75% refund
- 60 – 30 days before tour start: 50% refund
- 30 or fewer days before tour start: No refund possible
Exceptions to this cancellation policy cannot be made for any reason, including, terrorism, civil unrest or personal emergencies. If unforeseen circumstances require a change in itinerary, we will make every effort to work out an alternative solution. If for any reason we cannot start the tour, due to circumstances, including but not limited, to severe weather, mechanical breakdown or road closures, you will receive a full refund.
What Visitors Say
“The view while flying takes you over some one of a kind spectacular scenery. In Tuk we had a local knowledgable guide who lives at the “beach”. You can get a certificate for dipping your toes in the ocean or be like me and take it all off to frolic in the Arctic Ocean. I would highly recommend a tour to Tuk if you make it this far. The guys that run this company are great.”
Tracy W, June 2016 | Tuktoyaktuk Flight Tour More Reviews
Ready for the experience of a lifetime?Book Now
Tales from Tundra North
The Dempster Highway is one of the biggest attractions of Northern Canada. It has...Read MoreTrip Stories
I consider myself blessed to have the life that I live. I am one...Read MoreBest Of's
Camping in the Northwest Territories is like no where else in the world. You...Read More