Cruise through incredible creeks and channels and experience the unique ecosystem of the spectacular Mackenzie Delta. This tour takes you by boat to the main channel of the Mackenzie River, past traditional camps along the river. Cruising around the delta, this tour offers the opportunity to catch a glimpse of a variety of resident wildlife and birds. You will fall in love with our home as our local guides teach you the about history of the area and local culture, along with their personal stories. Visit our traditional Tipi Camp where you will get to enjoy a traditional meal, walking through our trails to look for wildlife and learn about the plants. Visit our Ice house dug into the Permafrost for a once in a life time experiences.
- Day Tours
- Family Friendly / Easy
- Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 3:30pm
Travel by Sea Travel boat on the Mackenzie River
Shuttle Shuttle between our office and the boat launch
- More Dates
- What to Bring
- More Information
- Cancellation Policy
- What to expect during this trip:
- Meet at our office located beside the Mackenzie Hotel on Mackenzie Road @ the tour start time.
- We will transport you to our vessel located at the Inuvik Boat Launch & Dock.
- For the next 2.5 hours you will have guided tour of the Mackenzie Delta.
- Visit our Tipi Camp in the Delta to enjoy a traditional meal
- Check out a traditional Ice House
- Take a short walk through the our trails learning about the plants and animals
- Return to the dock and we will transport you back to our office.
Itinerary is subject to substitutions and changes at the discretion of our guides due to circumstance beyond our control.
- What to expect during this trip:
We offer this tour four times a week at 4:00pm
Please proceed to trip booking to select your date. Additional times are available for groups of 6 or more. Please contact us for more details.
- Appropriate clothing – Our tour vessel is enclosed but is not equipped with a heater. Use your best judgement and dress in layers based on the weather forecast.
- Sturdy Footwear – You may be disembarking the vessel to explore the river bank which can be muddy and slippery.
This tour has a minimum of 2 people.
As most our costs are incurred long before the actual trip, rental or tour takes place, we are bound to the following cancellation fees:
- 90 Days before tour start: Full refund
- 90 – 61 days before tour start: 75% refund
- 60 – 30 days before tour start: 50% refund
- 30 or fewer days before tour start: No refund possible
Exceptions to this cancellation policy cannot be made for any reason, including, terrorism, civil unrest or personal emergencies. If unforeseen circumstances require a change in itinerary, we will make every effort to work out an alternative solution. If for any reason we cannot start the tour, due to circumstances, including but not limited, to severe weather, mechanical breakdown or road closures, you will receive a full refund.
What Visitors Say
“This tour is a great way to experience the immensity on Canada’s north and meet the people who make northern Canada their home. The boat was manned by a northerner who told as the stories about his upbringing, how his mother walked miles on the snow to deliver him, how his grandfather thought him how to catch rabbits, and how he is passing this knowledge to his children. A great experience. Good for the whole family.” – Trip Advisor
Carlos C, August 2016 | Mackenzie Delta Boat Tour More Reviews
Ready for the experience of a lifetime?Book Now
Tales from Tundra North
The Dempster Highway is one of the biggest attractions of Northern Canada. It has...Read MoreTrip Stories
I consider myself blessed to have the life that I live. I am one...Read MoreBest Of's
Camping in the Northwest Territories is like no where else in the world. You...Read More